Thread: Windows 7 Upgrade From Vista to RTM not progressing

Windows 7 Upgrade From Vista to RTM not progressing

My installation of windows 7 RTM hangs after completing more than 50% progress. I am upgrading windows vista to window 7 rtm, installer stop transferring file after completing half oh the process. I believe this would be a very good site to look for more help.

Re: Windows 7 Upgrade From Vista to RTM not progressing

To solve the problem you can just reboot and the system rolls back to Windows Vista. In windows vista go to start menu and then right click on computer icon then select Advanced System Settings > Click Environment Variables. Type in the following variable information: Variable Name: MIG_UPGRADE_IGNORE_PLUGINS, Variable value: IphlpsvcMigPlugin.dll. Restart Windows 7 Setup.

Windows 7 checks whether or not the current version you are running is a pre-release copy, and prevents you from upgrading further. For reference purposes, this is the error you’ll see when you try and upgrade to window 7 from vista. Error message which is repeated every 15 minutes: “<TimeStamp> Warning [0x080b50] MIG AsyncCallback_ApplyStatus: Progress appears to be stuck. Current progress: 62”.

Users upgrading to Windows 7 from Windows Vista may encounter an early obstacle at 62% completed level when Microsoft’s newest operating system hangs because it's not really setup that is calling the services to start, it's done via SCM ( Service Control Manager) to autostart the services.