Thread: windows 7 doesnt shutdown properly

windows 7 doesnt shutdown properly

I am having OS Windows 7 and it never shuts down properly.!!. I click on start then press shutdown but it always hangs... It shows message "shutting down" but never actually shuts down. Does anyone know cause of this? I am thinking on going back to win xp 64 bit, but i need DX10, which is not supported by XP!!
    Please help to sort this.

Re: windows 7 doesnt shutdown properly

When many task are already opened this problem can be arised. Many times even I get annoyed at how Windows often fails to terminate programs that have crashed. Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete to bring up the Task Manager followed by clicking End Task should simply stop the program and return you to the operating system. Also check whether your OS has properly installed. Also try to repair the OS so that even if there are some files missing it will get properly installed.

Mainly the Windows 7 does not start because of Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is disabled either in the BIOS or in the operating system. Try to boot the operating system properly. If the problem persist format your hard-disk completely and then re-install the Windows 7. Re-installing will definitely sort out your problem. Otherwise install updated antivirus so that it can clean the infected files. Many times corruption causes because of virus.

Many times the Windows 7 doesn't get shut-down properly for the 1-2 days after you first start windows (sometimes even a Window Update). The problem causes because the system has to perform maintenance functions, to delete unnecessary files. Many times it may take as long as 10-20 minutes to shut down the system. Such process occurs only once. So if you have installed OS recently then try to complete this process. Later on you will not face this type of problem.