Thread: Can I install Mac OS X on a standard PC?

Can I install Mac OS X on a standard PC?

Hi,
    I have dell laptop which is one year old and running windows vista. My friend recently bought new apple laptop. It has amazing features and it looks very attractive. When I saw that laptop one question comes in my mind Can I install Mac OS X on a standard PC? If any one there know the answer or any suggestion please share with me.
    Thank you.

Re: Can I install Mac OS X on a standard PC?

Until last year it was not possible to install Mac OS X on a standard PC. But now due to new features in Mac OS you can install Mac OS X in your standard PC. Apple company has make there operating system hardware independent so that it can run on standard PC rather than only on apple PC. Apple uses open standard which is called as Extended Firmware Interface to make BIOS setting that is suitable for MAC operating system. It also provides some firmware connection between hardware and software.

Yes you can install Mac OS X on a standard PC but there are lot of issues while installing Mac OS on a PC. In standard PC Mac OS X works very slow if you are using it as second operating system. The newer version of Mac OS X won't install on standard PC. You can only install Mac OS on your computer if your computer configuration is match with Mac Pro. And one of the most important is that it is illegal to install Mac OS X on a standard PC.

Yes you can install Mac OS X on your standard PC if you follow proper procedure. For installing Mac OS X on your computer you must have good configuration. Because if you tried to install Mac OS in some old computer then it works very slow. I suggest you first check your hardware configuration then check whether your computer configuration is fits in Mac requirement. You can buy original bootable cd of Mac OS from branded store.