Thread: What is Windows Vista Black Edition

What is Windows Vista Black Edition

Just few days back i had bought my friends computer for some personal work. When i turn on the system, i saw Windows Vista Black Edition boot up screen. But he told me that he had installed Windows Xp on his machine. So, i would like to know that what exactly is Windows Vista Black Edition? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above issue. Thanks.

Re: What is Windows Vista Black Edition

This Operating system is purely designed from Genuine Vista Ultimate by Benjamin. Sounds like a hack job, because Microsoft does not advertise Windows Vista that way, and it is highly probable that whoever "sells" this black edition is infringing on Microsoft's trademarks. It will be more comfortable, faster and reliable when compared to other vista operating systems.

All the error which the user faced in vista ultimate are fixed and tweaked. I would strongly suggest not installing that package where it can communicate with a "corporate" server unless your intent is to see if this particular software is a breeding ground for malware. Microsoft might not look very kindly on you if you already have corporate licensing. New hot fixes, updates and the Vista SP1 package are integrated. All the dream scene packs are activated. The Dolby digital plugins are also integrated for more fun with musics.

The Windows Vista Black Edition is a modified Vista distribution that is optimized for Gaming. Vista Black is a hack. It still installs and authenticates with WGA just like Vista Ultimate but you need to own your own key code for it. I forsee you having problems. It is not a valid, legal retail boxed version. There is NO reason to install this on a corporate network. The Windows Vista Business Edition is what you are looking for.