Thread: What program should I use to open a DLL file?

What program should I use to open a DLL file?

From a couple of days I am trying to open a DLL file. First I tried to double-click on the DDL file, at that time it asked me to select the default program with which I need to open the file. Then, I tried to use any program to open it. But, it was giving a message: Cannot open this program. So, I need to know which program should I use to open a DLL file? Is there any way I can edit it? My operating system is Windows 7

Re: What program should I use to open a DLL file?

Inorder to open a DLL file, you can use Resource Hacker. It is a free and legal software to open DLL files. You need to extract the folder with the name ResHack.zip. After that, you have to start Resource Hacker and select the DDL file that you want to open. You are able to open all the DDL files using this software, but the editing rights are very less in this. This software is only to open the DDL files. If you need to edit those files, then you have to download paid softwares like Heaven Tools brand Resource Tuner. This will help you edit DLL files.

DDL files are the DYNAMIC LINK LIBRARY files which are used by many programs to execute the code. If you want to open a DDL file, then simply use a DDL-viewer called ActiveXplorer. This will help you to open it. You said that you cannot open the DLL file that means you do not know how to write the program codes for DDL files. So, it will be be safe that you do not play around with these files as it can cause problems in the system.

Even I had the query of what program to use to open a DLL file. I tried using notepad also, but still it did not work. I tried out many softwares from the internet, but, always I got the same message that "This application cannot open files with .dll extentions". Then I found out that there is some software named RESOURCE TUNER which helps you to open as well as edit the DLL files. After installing the software, you need to right-click on the particular DDL file and then, select OPEN WITH RESOURCE TUNER. This will solve your problem.