Thread: PC shutting down itself

PC shutting down itself

When i was playing game my PC shut automatically down for the first time. After that this started happening regularly. And the last time when it shut itself down, a blue screen appeared with an error message and flicked off before i read it. After that when i try to start on my PC, it closed itself down while booting. When I started it again this time it started with message on screen saying that whether want to boot in Safe mode or Start normally.
    I started up normally and got these messages. And my OS is Windows XP.

Re: PC shutting down itself

The automatic shutdown problem can be considered as a major issue. There may be number of things due to which it is happening. Mostly this problem arises because of hardware & software compatibility issues. Maybe the Games played by you was not compatible with your PC. So I suggest to upgrade your PC. Upgrading will certainly sort out your problem.

One option is also available - you can do a system restore if you have created a system restore point.

Well if you can share - what game you were playing and how much ram is in your PC ?

You are certainly having some issues of hardware or software compatibility. This can also happen because of drivers issues. Many times the drivers get conflicted as this problem arises. So also upgrade your drivers. Many times the drivers that are installed forcefully causes the problem. So check that everything is installed properly. Make sure that all drivers for all hardware devices are installed properly to ensure that they are the current best for Windows XP.

It seems that your operating system's files got corrupted. This can happen because of improper shutdown or virus attack. To be on safer side take backup of your data and try to repair the entire operating system. Always use updated antivirus for scanning the PC. Also check whether your configuration is fulfilling the requirements of the games. Hope this will help you out.!!