Thread: Not able to 'switch user' in my Windows 7

Not able to 'switch user' in my Windows 7

I have recently installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on my desktop. I found that i am not able to switch users like I use to do on Windows Vista. I am not able to activate that thing. I have 2 user accounts on my system. In vista when I used to put the system in the standby mode and then re-open it later on, it would show me a password field (because that account was password protected) and a 'Switch User' button was there below the password field. I dont find any such thing in Windows 7. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Not able to 'switch user' in my Windows 7

The accounts are probably corrupt and you may lose them. You can do a thing for this. First go to the control panel, users accounts and set up new account. Try this even you already have one. If you can do this transfer everything from the corrupt account and then delete it so that your data will be on safer side. Make sure your new account is administrator. After completing this reboot your machine once. Hope this will help you.

There should be some corruption in your accounts. Try to check out through the command. First go to Run box then type cmd into it. Dont hit the Enter key.Instead of hitting the Enter key, press Ctrl+Shift+Enter. You will be prompted with the obnoxious User Account Control dialog… but it will then open up a command prompt in Administrator mode.Use Alt+Y in Windows 7.

As said earlier there should some missed files of your Account. After taking backup of your data try to delete and create another Admin and User Account. If this is also not working then try to Repair your Windows 7 using the Installation CD. This will surely sort out your problem.