Thread: How to fix cooltype.dll errors??

How to fix cooltype.dll errors??

I am currently using Windows Vista and my browser is Opera 10. When I was trying to run an application, that I regularly use, I got an error saying "Application cannot be started!! cooltype.dll is missing!! Please reinstall the application and try again." I dont have any idea what this error is and how to fix cooltype.dll error. Is there any possible way to recover this file. The problem is that I do not have the setup of the particular application that is giving this cooltype.dll error or else I would have tried reinstalling it.
    Last edited by Eru; 26-11-2009 at 02:27 AM.

Re: How to fix cooltype.dll errors??

In order to fix cooltype.dll errors, you need to optimize your system memory and also check out your internet and CPU settings to remove such errors. Such errors happen due to some situations that may have actually removed the file from its place. Such errors could also be caused due to failure of hardware, a virus infection or any kind of malware and also a registry problem. Even system restore cannot solve the problem because the file may already have been removed or may be corrupted.
    Last edited by Devasis; 26-11-2009 at 02:37 AM.

Cooltype.dll is not a critical component. It is a component that is linked with CoolType from Adobe Systems Incorporated. you can fix cooltype.dll easily, but first you need to know whether it is a virus or genuine error. To know whether it is a virus or genuine Windows DLL is depended upon the directory where it is located, or from where it executes or runs. Do an internal scan of the entire system and check for the file. If it is still not detecting any infection with that name then, enable a boot scan and check out. If you can find the infection, well and good, it was a virus and is eradicated on boot scan. If it is not found in boot scan also, then it is a system error, you are needed to reinstall the software/application.

To fix cooltype.dll types of errors need, you need to optimize the system and correct the registry system. To correct the corrupted registry entries you need to use REGISTRY MECHANIC and to optimize the system, you need to use TUNEUP UTILITIES. Following are the links for both the softwares:
    REGISTRY MECHANIC
    TUNEUP UTILITIES
    This should fix that registry entry and run the application.
    Last edited by SalVatore; 26-11-2009 at 03:17 AM.