Thread: What is svn?

What is svn?

I am running linux on my computer and i wanted to know how to use Subversion. I know it's a free version control system which mange and keep tracks of the web pages or design documents but i need more information.

Re: What is svn?

Subversion (SVN) is a version control system. It allows users to keep track of changes made to any type of electronic data, typically source code, web pages or design documents. First install subversions dependency software, then install subversion itself.Subversion is currently a popular alternative to CVS and quite popular software.

Re: What is svn?

Subversion is an open source application used for revision control. Programmers collaborate on open source projects through version control systems such as subversion.Other version control software packages include CVS, git, gnu arch, and monotone. Microsoft has its own called visual source safe I believe. Subversion is designed specifically to be a modern replacement for CVS and shares a number of the same key developers.

Subversion (SVN)is used to maintain current and historical versions of files such as source code, web pages, and documentation. It doesn't really have much to do with PHP other than that PHP has functions to access repositories. Subversion is well-known in the open source community, being used on projects including Apache Software Foundation.

SVN (Subversion) is a version control system.

When you download from svn trunk, you get source files only and you need to compile it yourself. Look in the folder when you ran the svn command for brasero source code.

However, there is an easy way to get the latest brasero for ubuntu.

Subversion (SVN) is a version control system initiated in 1999 by CollabNet Inc. It is used to maintain current and historical versions of files such as source code, web pages, and documentation. Its goal is to be a mostly-compatible successor to the widely used Concurrent Versions System (CVS).

Subversion is well-known in the open source community, being used on projects including Apache Software Foundation, Free Pascal, FreeBSD, GCC, Django, Ruby, Mono, SourceForge.net, ExtJS, Tigris.org, and PHP. Google Code also provides Subversion hosting for their open source projects. BountySource systems use it exclusively. Codeplex offers access to both Subversion as well as other types of clients.