Thread: Frozen cursor

Frozen cursor

I am using a Toshiba laptop and am facing some problem with the cursor. Can anyone here help me through my problem with the frozen cursor. How should i unfreeze my cursor as it remains frozen? I am waiting for your valuable advises. Please help me. Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Frozen cursor

You can use keyboards arrow keys, tab keys etc. to navigate your computer.
    Also, Restart your system in safe mode, after restarting, go to control panel and open system properties. Click on the hardware tab and open device manager. Double click on your installed device to open a properties window of this device. Now select driver tab, update your drivers. Or the other way you can solve your problem is by uninstalling mouse drivers and again reinstalling them. Just check it out. Good Luck

You can fix your computer when the cursor is frozen. You just need to follow some below mentioned steps:
    1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to terminate some running programs.
    2. Turn off your system and reboot it.
    3. You can try a different mouse. And suppose you have a mouse that connects to a PS2 port, then your mouse could be bad, else the port may be bad.
    4. Now connect a usb mouse into a usb port to check whether it works or not.
    5. If it works then, either your port is bad or your ps2 mouse.
    6. If now also it is not working then, take it to the technical department where you purchased it. If it doesn't work then, your computer may get crash.

First of all, can you tell me, which operating system you are using? Because many times this kind of problem occurs due to uncompatibility between some version of linux as well as mouse. Or you may have a problem with the touch pad. Just try to plug in an external mouse and see whether it works or not. If it works then there must be a problem with your touch pad.