Thread: Recovery Console Installation : Error reading information from netmap.inf

Recovery Console Installation : Error reading information from netmap.inf

Hello,

The problem is that when I run the cd and I click on "Install Microsoft Windows XP" the following error message appears: "Error reading information from netmap.inf" I downloaded a file netmap.inf on a site but what do I do with it. Should I repeat another cd with the file netmap.inf and place with the autorun.inf files and win51ic? Do I still use the XP cd I created? And how can I be sure my file is a good netmap.inf file netmap.inf to create the cd?
    Thank you in advance ...

Re: Recovery Console Installation : Error reading information from netmap.inf

If you have problems getting a "slipstream" it manually, see AutoStreamer. This useful tool will help to create an ISO image containing the revised version of "slipstream" CD. It is supposed to support Windows 2000/XP and perhaps 2003. I have used successfully only with XP.

First, make sure you always start with a fresh copy of the CD files / folders, do all their work in a session nLite and integrate a single SP. Need to disable System File Checker (SFC aka PMA). So if you have modified the file netmap.inf or installed with the defeated SFC, this could be your problem. When you try, I did a fresh install of Windows, not an upgrade or repair. In fact, you can not make a repair unless you use the unattended system repair. Please see the Unattended-General tab- Unattended Mode Help note.

To resolve this problem:

1. Use Regedit in Windows XP, move to:

Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion.
    2. Double-click the name of DevicePath value and copy the data to the clipboard.

3. Delete the value DevicePath name.

4. Add devicepath, type the name value as a REG_EXPAND_SZ data type, and paste the data value from the clipboard.

5. Then Click on OK.

6. Exit the Registry Editor.

7. Now shut down and restart, for settings to take effect.