Thread: how to create a new User Account on Domain based Windows 7

how to create a new User Account on Domain based Windows 7

Hi, i am in need of some help from you all regarding my recently installed Windows 7 computer. Basically i am a Windows Xp user, but yesterday i installed Windows 7 on one of my computer that is on Domain. Now due to some security reason i wanted to create a new user account on the same. Could you guys please guide me in creating new user account on Domain based Windows 7 computer ? Thanks in advance..

Re: how to create a new User Account on Domain based Windows 7

You must be an Administrator to create an User account on domain based Windows 7 computer. Further, you can only create local user accounts, which give people access to your computer but don't give them access to the domain. To do so, just follow these steps:-

• Go to Start Menu and type mmc, press Enter.
    • This will open Microsoft Management Console.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • In the left pane of Microsoft Management Console, click Local Users and Groups.
    • Click the Users folder.
    • Click Action, and then click New User.
    • Type the appropriate information in the dialog box, and then click Create.
    • When you are finished creating user accounts, click Close.
    • Thats it..

Thanks for quick and valuable reply, mate. That is what i expect from you all guys.. I am having some little problem here. As you said, i opened Microsoft Management Console but i can't find Local Users and Groups anywhere in the left pane. Is there any issue with my system ? Please help.

If you don't see Local Users and Groups, it's probably because that snap-in hasn't been added to Microsoft Management Console. Follow these steps to install it:

1. In Microsoft Management Console, click the File menu, and then click Add/Remove Snap-in.

2. Click Local Users and Groups, and then click Add.

3. Click Local computer, click Finish, and then click OK.

Just for new user of Windows 7, here is how to create a new user accounts on workgroup based computers:-

To open User Accounts, click the Start button , click Control Panel, click User Accounts and Family Safety, and then click User Accounts. Now click Manage another account. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. Click Create a new account. Type the name you want to give the user account, click an account type, and then click Create Account.

Thats it...