Thread: Open Mac Partitions in Windows and Linux

Open Mac Partitions in Windows and Linux

How to Open Mac Partitions in Windows? I have a PC and i have succeeded in making it a triple boot system with the help of this tutorial : How To Triple Boot MAC OS X, Windows 7 and Ubuntu 8.10 Linux. The onle things i changes is i used Ubuntu 9.10, All other operating systems are same : Windows XP SP3 + iATKOS v7 as described in the latest update. Ok, now I can see Windows files in both Ubuntu and Mac, but i cannot see Mac and Ubuntu's partition on Windows. Also i cannot see Mac Partition on Ubuntu. Is there any way to Open Mac Partitions in Windows and Linux operating system? Any help regarding this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Open Mac Partitions in Windows and Linux

Check these links out :
    http://forums.techarena.in/guides-tutorials/4062.htm
    How to read linux partitions under windows
    Here there is support for viewing Linux partitions on Windows, but the File System should be Ext2, Ext3 and Ext4 are not yet supported... I hope this is of some use to you...

Mac OS Has HFS File System. Some info on HFS : Hierarchical File System (HFS), is a file system developed by Apple Inc. for use in computer systems running Mac OS. Originally designed for use on floppy and hard disks, it can also be found on read-only media such as CD-ROMs. HFS is also referred to as Mac OS Standard, where its successor, HFS Plus, is also called Mac OS Extended (or, erroneously, “HFS Extended”). With the introduction of OS X 10.6, Apple has dropped support to format or write HFS disks and images, which are only supported as read-only volumes.

To read the Mac's Hierarchical File System, you can download and install HFSExplorer. This is an application for Windows as well as Linux.

Download for Windows : http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...se_mirror=nchc

Download for Linux : http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...se_mirror=nchc

Hey, Thanks a lot mate, I will try the softwares and will revert back Also if there is a windows application to read linux partition which are used today like Ext3 and Ext4. This would be much more helpful. Thanks again...