Thread: Mac not able to write to windows partitions

Mac not able to write to windows partitions

Hello, I have a problem with my Mac OS X Leopard. I figured out the basics of Mac OS X, but now when i click on Places and click on any windows partition, it first mounts and asks for password, and opens fine. But i cannot write to any prtitions. I can read the partition, ciopy files from it, but cannot save anything to windows partition. Why is Mac not able to write to windows partitions? Any help with this?

Re: Mac not able to write to windows partitions

Use NTFS-3G Driver : The NTFS-3G driver is a freely and commercially available and supported read/write NTFS driver for Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenSolaris, QNX, Haiku, and other operating systems. It provides safe and fast handling of the Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 file systems. NTFS-3G develops, quality tests and supports a trustable, feature rich and high performance solution for hardware platforms and operating systems whose users need to reliably interoperate with NTFS. Download Link

Tuxera NTFS for Mac is a commercial read/write NTFS solution for Mac users. It builds upon the proven stability of Tuxera’s popular open source NTFS-3G to deliver a full featured, commercial grade NTFS driver for your Mac. With Tuxera NTFS for Mac you can access your Windows disks as easily as any Mac disk. Tuxera NTFS for Mac delivers the fastest NTFS data transfer speeds you can have on Mac while protecting your data with its new, smart caching layer. Download