Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Any Tool Similar to Chkdsk in Mac?

Operating Systems

Old 23-11-2009

Any Tool Similar to Chkdsk in Mac?

Any Tool Similar to Chkdsk in Mac? I have purchased a new MacBook Pro and i am using Mac for the first time in my life. I had no battery inserted in my macbook and was running on Power, We had a power cut and the Mac shutdown without shutdown process due to power cut. Now i want to check the disk for safety. What can be done in Mac? Please help...

Old 23-11-2009

Re: Any Tool Similar to Chkdsk in Mac?

Click on Finder from the Dock, Then Click on Applications from left side pane, then from there, go to Utilities Folder then Open Disk Utility. Then see at the bottom of the window and there will be S.M.A.R.T. Status, see what you see. If it is shown verified then there is no problem with the hard disk. Also have a look at this topic may be u can get something useful : Similar Software between MAC and Windows. Hope this is what you are looking for...
Old 23-11-2009

Open Disk Utility and from there click on the "First Aid" tab, click on the Verify button so that it will let you check the directory structure. Click on the Repair Permissions button which will check permissions on system files. This process can generate error messages, but you can ignore it. Then run it for a second time, and this error will most be gone... Hope this is of use...
Old 23-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post
Click on Finder from the Dock, Then Click on Applications from left side pane, then from there, go to Utilities Folder then Open Disk Utility. Then see at the bottom of the window and there will be S.M.A.R.T. Status, see what you see. If it is shown verified then there is no problem with the hard disk. Also have a look at this topic may be u can get something useful : Similar Software between MAC and Windows. Hope this is what you are looking for...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
Open Disk Utility and from there click on the "First Aid" tab, click on the Verify button so that it will let you check the directory structure. Click on the Repair Permissions button which will check permissions on system files. This process can generate error messages, but you can ignore it. Then run it for a second time, and this error will most be gone... Hope this is of use...
I did this procedure as you have explained and no errors or problems were reported, but still i feel there is problems with my MacBook Pro. I don't know what it is but i can feel it has become too slow since past week... Please help...

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,