Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to create Hiren boot cd form pen drive

Operating Systems

Old 23-11-2009

How to create Hiren boot cd form pen drive

Hey i own an original Windows XP cd, but my cd rom is not working. I have 1 USB Toshiba 512 MB support Boot. I have a pendrive and i have also heard that we can install Windows XP from pendrive. So, i would like to know that how to create Hiren boot cd form pen drive? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct steps for the above issue. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Old 23-11-2009

Re: How to create Hiren boot cd form pen drive

In order to create Hiren boot cd form pen drive, you need to follow the below steps mentioned.
  • Firs off all you need to connect your USB Pen Drive.
  • Then you need to download and Run grubinst_gui on you pc.
  • Then you need to copy grldr and menu.lst to your usb drive.
  • After that you need to insert the BootCD in the CD Drive and Copy everything from CD to your USB Flash Drive.
  • Now you need to test your USB Drive and then you can used your usb drive as your boot cd.
Old 23-11-2009

The external usb drive can be made as a bootable usb disk. I mounted a usb hard drive and installed an Ubuntu Linux on it. Just copy all the contents of the windows CD in the pendrive and login to the operating system you are currently running. Acronis True Image 8.1.945 Create an exact disk image for complete system backup and disk cloning. The second way is to tar and zip the Windows files. One has to install a minimum Windows and then restore all the files from the backup.
Old 23-11-2009

You will need a USB Flash Drive 64MB or more in order to create Hiren boot cd form pen drive. Simply backup all your important documents in safe-mode, since you are able to access into it, and later on re-format your computer harddisk.Then insert the pendrive and just run the win xp setup from the pendrive. Note: For this you have to have your previous operating system working on your computer.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,