Thread: system restore option is gone

system restore option is gone

I am using Inspiron 17 laptop. Last night I accidentally delete my software and now I want it back. Some my friends suggest me to use system restore option which is present in control panel. But I am unable to see system restore option in control panel. I think system restore option is gone so suggest me how to being it back?

Re: system restore option is gone

Here are the steps to unable a system restore option. The steps are as follows-
    1 Click on start button and go to run in that input box type following address-
    Code:
    rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 C:\WINDOWS\inf\sr.inf
    2 After that restart your system and check that system restore option is reinstall or not.
    I think it will help you.

I think it is easiest way to reinstall your restore option. Restart your computer and press F8 during initial startup to start your computer in a safe mode with a command prompt. Type the following command in a command prompt and then press enter.
    Code:
    %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe
    Now just follow the instruction appear on a screen to restore your computer.

I was facing the same problem but I repaired my OS using Windows XP CD because without system restore option you can not restore your system. You have to use Windows XP CD to repair your operating system. If you think that this happened due to virus attack then format your hard disk and install fresh copy of Windows XP.