Thread: Windows Xp sp2 to Windows 7

Windows Xp sp2 to Windows 7

Hi. I have an Intel pentium 4 3ghz processor system installed with windows Xp service pack 2 and memory of 2Gb ddr ram. The thing is I need to install Windows 7 into my system and I do not know how to do it. Please can you guide me to the process so that I can do it by myself. I guess the process is not that difficult as I am not totally a blank out about computers but just a starter. Thank you.

Re: Windows Xp sp2 to Windows 7

Hi. Well hope this would help you out in upgrading your windows pack. First of all you need to check the compatibility of the operating system you are trying to install into the system. If it matches up then it is advisable for you to install it. You can upgrade your system using the system utility disc of Windows 7. Insert the disc and start the system. You can upgrade your system by clicking on the option of upgrade to windows 7.

HI. Well this is quite lengthy process but I will make it very simple for you to follow it. Just follow this step for installing your windows using boot process.

1) Go to the CMOS setup when you start your system by pressing delete key.
    2) Then select your first boot device as CDrom by using "+" key.
    3) Save the settings made and then exit.
    4) Restart your system.

After you restart your machine your system would automatically detect the cd rom and it would start the windows 7 installation process by itself with respect that you have inserted the utility disc. Follow the steps provided to you.

Hello. There are steps when your installation starts. It first initializes and then asks for the specific drive to be installed in. You need to select the drive in which your previously windows was installed. It will then ask you to perform the action by formatting the drive. Format the drive and then install the fresh copy of windows 7. This way you can install or upgrade your system with Windows 7.