Thread: "STService.exe - Unable To Locate Component"

"STService.exe - Unable To Locate Component"

I am new to this forum. I recently bought a dell laptop, Windows Vista Home Premium SP1. Everything was fine until one day when I start my laptop, I receive a message stating this: STService.exe - Unable To Locate Component.This application has failed to start because STLog.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. Then after clicking OK, this came up " ST Service Scheduling has stopped working. Windows is searching for a solution to the problem."
    I have avst AntiVirus with AntiSpyware.

Re: "STService.exe - Unable To Locate Component"

I think your problem arise due to Malware.So I suggest you download best Malware remover and scan your computer thoroughly.I advised you to download best Malware remover "ComboFix".This will give you a better view to the files running, those that are hidden, and also those in the registry.Download from the following site combofix.org/.

Before installing ComboFix.exe to your computer Disable your avast and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right-click on the System Tray icon. They may be interfere with your tools.Now run ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts. ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed or not. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
    I think this will help you.
    Last edited by Devasis; 20-11-2009 at 05:06 PM.

I think you may have use registry cleaner to speed up your computer .Some times registry cleaner deleted useful registry entries from your computer registry.Well, by using a registry cleaner you may have deleted the .dll file needed to run your Andrea ST Filters Service from Andrea Electronics Corporation related to ST Service.exe. Andrea ST Filters program is a filter to eliminate noise from your PC's microphone and is legitimate.I just suggest you uninstall the program and reinstall it, if you need it.
    I think this will fix your problem.

As per your problem I think it must be related to dell database local backup on your machine. It is the backup database program that comes with your dell computer.STservice.exe is not an important part of this backup program. The problem in the fact that the program can't find it's resources anymore.It can't appear in startup, although it is in it.
    As per my knowledge you cannot download dell database local backup from any site on the internet.Here is my advise: Uninstall dell database local backup program and again install it.You can find this program on dell drivers and utilities CD that comes with your Notebook