Thread: How to give link of one folder to another with the help of Windows Xp Operating System?

How to give link of one folder to another with the help of Windows Xp Operating System?

Hi friends, I want to know that whether there is any possible way to link one folder with another. That means when we open one folder it will take us to the folder who is linked with it, similar to the links provided in websites.

Re: How to give link of one folder to another with the help of Windows Xp Operating System?

Hi, I don't think that this would be possible in windows xp. You can't provide a link of one folder to another with the help of windows xp operating system. And why are you wanted to do so? If this is possible, It will cause to slow down your operating system, as it has to take control of not only the folder in drive but also the the folder to which it is linked. Don't try to do it, as it is not that much useful.

Dr. V Guest

Re: How to give link of one folder to another with the help of Windows Xp Operating System?

Hello, You want to give link of one folder to another in windows xp, then you must have to use third party software. This facility is not provided in windows xp operating system. But, if you want to do it, just make use of third party software application such as Link Folder. It is a Windows shell extension used for creating folder links to existing folders. This is point who points to target folder on the same file system. It is possible in windows 2000. But it is having one major disadvantage as if you create a folder link by the use of linkd.exe then, deleting the folder link will delete all those files which are located in the target folder. And while doing this it wont give you any warning regarding it and you will lose all data which is stored in that folder. This disadvantage has been removed from Link Folder.

Features of Folder Link:
    • Create folder link
    • Remove folder link
    • Show folder link
    • Safe Delete link

Hi, I don't think this is possible in windows xp operating system. As far as I know you can do it with the help of windows 2000. It provide you linkd.exe from Microsoft Windows 2000 Resource Kit which help to you while doing this. But when you delete folder link it deletes all files from the target folder without asking you anything and without giving you warning. This is a big problem people face while using it. I don't know whether there is any software regarding it exist or not. But you can check it on google.