Thread: computer not responding

computer not responding

Hello all,

i am not sure if this thead belongs in this category.. i apologise if it is in the wrong section... but i am desprate for help!

last night, my laptop seems to not respond to my touch pad on and off .. it would respond for like 30sec.. then not respond for a minute(s).

well, i can still move my arrow, but when i want to click on stuff, it doesnt work. during that time, if i use my keyboard, its works. just if i try to control using my arrow pointer, it doesnt respond.

i am not sure if its due to a virus or not.. i ran scans using AVG (free version), PC Tools (free version) and Spywear Terminator (free version), but all came back as no thread found...

i am lost... very frustrated too!! please help me kind people!!!

Re: computer not responding

There can be multiple reasons. First it can be due to any third party software which is running or loading up and freezing your computer. Second due to virus your system is getting engaged. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del or simply right click on the task bar below and click on Task Manger. Go to Process. See which file is eating up too much memory. Click on it and then click on End process. If you system works fine then that is the file which is eating your system resource. Try to delete the software related to it. Run a virus scan.

Try to use the AVAST anti-virus and scan your system. This AVAST anti-virus has a unique Schule-Boot-Time-Scan feature that will help you to scan your laptop. This will scan your computer before the operating system loads. So this will restrict the virus from executing itself. This is really a very helful feature of AVAST to secure your system for virus-worms-trojans.

Have you installed any new programs recently and did that change any configurations? I think it is a software problem. It definitely sounds like the symptoms of virus/malware infection. he more programs you have running in the initial startup the longer it will take your windows to setup. Sometimes it gets locked up. It has happened to me.