Thread: Booting Windows gives Dollar symbols

Booting Windows gives Dollar symbols

From last week there are some wierd problems happening with my ZENITH DESKTOP 401L-5. I am using Windows XP. Since the last 10 days when I play online games there is no clarity in it. Everything seems blurred while playing games even on my desktop. I am having a Nvidia Geforce 512MB graphic card. And to make the matter worse, my computer has now started to show some $ (dollar) symbols when I boot my desktop and then appears the login screen. Even the desktop takes more time to boot than earlier. Please Help.

Re: Booting Windows gives Dollar symbols

Reboot your desktop to Safe mode. Re-Start your desktop and keep-on clicking the F8 key to boot your desktop in safe mode. Check when still does the $ symbol appears or not. Using your anti-virus scan all your drives. If you have AVAST anti-virus run the Schedule Boot Time scan. With the clarity issue that you are facing while gaming online, this might be an issue with the ISP(Internet Service Provider). Contact your internet service provider and check your internet connectivity.

The problem might be with the Nvidia graphic card. As you are not able to view the online games with clarity and also the desktop games the real problem might be with your graphic card. Try to unplug the graphic card from your motherboard carefully. And clean its slot. Fix it back in tightly and see if the problem persist. If still you are having the same problem contact Zenith technician for further assistance.

Even I had the same issue of dollar sign with my Windows Vista on my Dell Vostro laptop. Whenever I used to swtich on my laptop it used to begin with some dollar signs and after some black screen interval the login screen used to be displayed. The issue turned out to be with my graphic card. It was my graphic card that had been faulty. When I used another graphic card it was functioning properly.