Thread: Desktop Icon text covering up other icons

Desktop Icon text covering up other icons

I am using HP Pavilion p6000 Desktop PC. I unable to see my desktop icons. My desktop icons are hidden by the text icons. When I saw my desktop, it look like a complete mess. When I double click on any icons, rename box opened for text. I used start > all programs to execute any program. Icons and text making may desktop very ugly. Anybody have solution on that. Please give your solution.
    Last edited by Otilio; 18-11-2009 at 04:12 PM.

Re: Desktop Icon text covering up other icons

I was experiencing the same problem that I could not see desktop icons. Desktop icon text and icons were interfered with each other. I made changes in setting. To make changes in a setting, right click on desktop and click on properties. In window go to appearance tab and click on advanced options. In that you will find many things which are controls icons and text. Change vertical spacing between icons and save these changes.

Each icon don't require any text to tell them what the icon is for. So that you can use icon without name. To make icons without text, right click on icons and type 255. You have to use number key pad which is right of the keyboard. For the first shortcut on the desktop, use Alt+255 and for the next one use these combination twice (Alt+255, Alt+255). For the third one, 3 times and so on. Alt+255 character is blank, so the shortcut file name have a character that is completely blank. So you will see only icon, not desktop icon text.

I was experiencing same problem but I made changes in desktop icon text. It is very simple to rename text. Right click on any icon and click on rename and give small name like Firefox for Mozilla Firefox. Some icons have large name so make them small. You can also change horizontal as well as vertical spacing between icons. So follow the steps, I think it will help you.