Thread: What is the Difference Between COM and EXE extention?

What is the Difference Between COM and EXE extention?

Hello guys, for just the sake of knowledge I want to know what is the difference between the com and exe. I don't have that much knowledge in this and want to know this. I don't want to know in difficult format, just tell me this in simple format.

Re: What is the Difference Between COM and EXE extention?

hi, basically com and exe files are both able to compile. But COM files can able to un in 64Kb segment, so it will never greater than 64Kb. EXE files have capacity to run into the multi segments, thus they can be greater than 64Kb. I don't know from both of these which would run faster, just check it on the internet. I think that the COM files ran faster tham EXE files.

Hi, I don't know much about com files but know something about exe files. EXE is the extension given to the most files which are executable one which have the capacity to run on most of the operating system. It also includes other contains such as bitmaps and icon for making GUI. It is mostly common file extension. It has formats such as DOS, OS/2 and Windows. And it is having W3, W4, DL, MP, P2, P3 format also. This is what I know about exe. But not have any knowledge about com.

Hi, as we all know that exe is the file extension given to the executable files. Similarly COM file is a type of executable file. The .COM file name extension has no relation to the .com. You can check it on internet by searching on google. I am also not have more information regarding it. Just try to check it on internet. It will help you lot. If I find any material about it I will reply you for that. But, now I am having that much information only.