Thread: Creating drives on Seagate barracuda 80gb

Creating drives on Seagate barracuda 80gb

Hi. I have a Seagate barracuda 80 gb Hdd on my system. My system is installed with windows xp sp2 as the operating system. Well I have two local drives on my C and D. But I want to create more drives by creating partition. I do not know how to create partition on my hard disk. Kindly tell me the steps to follow so that I can create it by my own. Thank you.

Re: Creating drives on Seagate barracuda 80gb

Hello. Well you can create the partitions on your Hard drive by following some steps. There are a lot of way to create disk partitions. But recommended can be using Windows utility disc. It means that you need to do a complete disk partitioning by reallocating the size for per drive. You can set the size for each drive depending upon the number of drives you want to create.

Dr. V Guest

Well there is a more simple and easy method for creating the drives without using the utility disc or through boot process. You have right click on the icon My computer. Then click the option of manage. After i is done you will get a window opened. The window will contain a option called Disk management. When you click on the option right click on the raw partition that will be displayed on the right hand side window pane. Then click on make new partition.

Hello. There is another option for you to do the partitions by using a software. The software is known as Partition magic. This software helps in partitioning your local drives with an easy and efficient method. You need to install the software and open the wizard. You will find your drives that is already allocated and you can create partitions or more drives by defining the amount of space to be assigned for the new drive. Good luck.