Thread: Getting BSOD on computer running Windows 7

Getting BSOD on computer running Windows 7

That's my problem: I bought a Windows Vista 64 bit Home Premium version with free update to Windows 7. I installed Vista, the OC processor, everything went perfectly without any BSOD or anything. I install Windows 7, during installation, nothing to report. I use the pc in the normal way (without too much pushing), ie + internet music and it freezes that ends with a BSOD, and it twice.

So my question: Where is it coming? Why am I getting the BSOD while using Windows 7? Can there be some kind of incompatibilities that is causing such issues to occur?

Re: Getting BSOD on computer running Windows 7

I think this is happening because of the overclocking that you have done because of which pc has become unstable. Try to test your computer without overclocking and if possible bring it back to the default settings and see if you are still getting the blue screen of death on windows 7.

I have tried clearing the CMOS, and now I am not having any problems in common use (internet + music). But, when I run an OCCT, error on the core #6 after 34 min & 34 sec.

I just disabled in the BIOS "Intel (R) Turbo Boost Tech." "CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)" and "CPU EIST Function" and change the settings of my RAM.

Any ideas?

I would ask you to check the RAM settings, and bring back "hard" as specified on the bar (voltage, timings ...)

And if the overclock of i7 is a finicky thing, he'll have certified tests @ stock before you are back.

Try CPUstressMT to see if it crashes too.

I returned the XMP profile (Profile1) in the BIOS that contains the specifications of my RAM. I also changed the RAM voltage and QPI/Vtt voltage (1.66V and 1.355V respectively), as specified in the profile1 of my RAM, in "Advanced Control Voltage".

I also enabled "Load-Line Calibration" in the BIOS. After all these manipulations, I have no more crashes in OCCT. So I had the opportunity to reduce the Vcore of 1.17 to 1.15 (OCCT gives me 1.12) and is stable.

Do you have a link for downloading CPUstressMT to give me? I download a version but I do not know if it's good. Also, I noticed that HyperThreading is disabled on CPUstressMT, how to activate it?