Thread: should i upgrade from xp to vista?

should i upgrade from xp to vista?

Hi to all,
    I have Compaq desktop computer and it is running windows xp.It works fine and I don't have any complain about it.But when I see windows vista on my friend's laptop and I like the look of vista .So I just asked is it possible to install vista on my computer.
    I just given my configuration and let me know.Thank you.
    Processor:2.0ghs
    Ram:1gb

Metamorphosis Guest

Re: should i upgrade from xp to vista?

It will work but you will be frustrated with the speed of it, do you have a grafics card, cause that helps with the speed in vista.

I'm not a big fan of Vista, it slows down your computer a lot comparing to XP and you need to keep it up to date in order for it to remain stable for a while.

The best way to know is to experement with it.

Follow your heart and test it...

I as per your configuration you should upgrade to windows vista .I listed some feature you get when you install vista.

1.The most important feature that useful about Vista is that photos, videos and music are not treated the same as Word documents any more. When you open a folder of photos, they seems as appeared in Google Picasa or Apple iPhoto. It have inbuilt basic photo editing. Music folders come up in columns of ID3 tags, look like iTunes. Finally, you don't have to rely so much on third party apps to work with your files.

2. The Vista DVD is actually a pre-installed version of the OS in a compressed form, making it substantially quicker to install.

3. Desktop search and search folders built in.In this tool your work is automatically save in some folder when you lost it and when you want to recover it just search it.

4. Vista has finally caught up to operating systems that can sleep near instantly and wake up reliably, in a couple of seconds.

5.Windows vista has encryption process that help you to secure information.

6.DirectX10 is useful in gaming,it does take gaming graphics to the next level.

As per your configuration I suggest you not to upgrade with vista because of following issue.

1.Vista requires significantly more CPU power, RAM and video-processing capability than does XP.So it may chance of over hitting.

2. Make very sure that all critical software and hardware vendors are compatible with Vista. Even a year after Vista’s release, some printers and other peripherals purchased only a couple of years ago don’t work with the operating system.

3.If your configuration is failed to satisfy the requirement of vista,then your computer may become slow.

Metamorphosis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Devasis View Post
    I as per your configuration you should upgrade to windows vista .I listed some feature you get when you install vista.

1.The most important feature that useful about Vista is that photos, videos and music are not treated the same as Word documents any more. When you open a folder of photos, they seems as appeared in Google Picasa or Apple iPhoto. It have inbuilt basic photo editing. Music folders come up in columns of ID3 tags, look like iTunes. Finally, you don't have to rely so much on third party apps to work with your files.

2. The Vista DVD is actually a pre-installed version of the OS in a compressed form, making it substantially quicker to install.

3. Desktop search and search folders built in.In this tool your work is automatically save in some folder when you lost it and when you want to recover it just search it.

4. Vista has finally caught up to operating systems that can sleep near instantly and wake up reliably, in a couple of seconds.

5.Windows vista has encryption process that help you to secure information.

6.DirectX10 is useful in gaming,it does take gaming graphics to the next level.
    Nice Breakdown

But why dont you have a look at Windows 7?? It's almost the same as Vista and is way more lightweight than Vista, It uses less resources and has the same features as Vista and a couple more.

you can upgrade from xp to vista if your computer system meets the minimum hardware requirements for Windows Vista. These are the minimum requirement:
    * 1 GHz processor
    * 512 MB of RAM
    * 20 GB hard drive
    * 32 MB graphics card
    Doubling the processor and RAM indicated is recommended to get a reasonable level of performance from Vista systems. The new graphics features which include Windows Aero will require 128 MB for the graphics card.
    If you doesn't meet this requirement don't hurry to install vista.