Thread: file explorer terminates with DEP

file explorer terminates with DEP

I have Dell laptop and windows Vista install in it. When I opened any .avi files, explorer closes and give me data execution prevention message. It happened from two days. I installed anti virus but no one can resolved my problem. If it is problem due to virus then which anti virus help me. Suggest some virus name because now I am using AVG anti virus but it does not detect any thing. What should I do?

Re: file explorer terminates with DEP

Before two days I was facing the same problem. This is related to virus attack. Data execution prevention is a set of hardware and software components that checks the memory to protect it against malicious code exploits. Please download ATF-cleaner from internet and install it.Under the main section choose select all option. Click on empty selected button. If you are using Firefox or opera then click at the top and select select all option.Click the Empty Selected option. Click on exit button to close the program.

Connect to the internet and perform perform an online scan at Kaspersky Online Scanner. Click on Accept when it prompted to download and install the program files and malwares definitions. Click on Run at any security prompt. The program start downloading files. Once the update is completed. Then you can start the scan process. It will give warning message if it found some thing infected by virus. You can delete that program using anti virus like kaspersky anti virus. I am sure that it will help you.

You can disable DEP message using following methods. Go to start and open control panel, select system. In that click on advanced tab, in performance region select settings. Click on data execution tab in the dialog box. Select turn on DEP for all programs and services expect those which are selected by me. Click on add button. Select the application that you want and press apply and then OK. Reboot your system.