Thread: How to get rid of unwanted task and Services

How to get rid of unwanted task and Services

I am a Windows Vista user. In last few weeks, i have installed few games on my system like, Rise of Nations, Counter Stike, etc.. Now the problem is that when i start any games, they don't work properly and the system slows down. The reason is the unwanted running process in the background. I can see atleast 45 to 50 process running in my Task Manager. Now i don't know which of them are necessary and which are unwanted. So what i wanted to know from you all is do you guys know how to kill all unwanted task and Services Windows ? Please help me...

Re: How to get rid of unwanted task and Services

Thats true that there are many process taking your CPU resources that result in slowing down your computer. For an expert, it is very easy to kill all the unwanted process manually as they are aware of all process. But if you are not aware than the best i can suggest you is an application called AlacrityPC. It allows you to get the most from your Windows PC by shutting down unnecessary services and programs before you run a resource intensive application like a game. When you finish with the application, AlacrityPC can automatically restart those services and programs, returning your PC back to its original state.

Download AlacrityPC

Hey,, thanks for sharing this useful application. AlacrityPC is the best toll for killing these unwanted process. is a utility designed to help you get the most performance out of your computer when running resource intensive applications, like modern games. It does this by shutting down unnecessary services and programs before starting your application.

When you finish your application, those services and programs can be automatically restarted.AlacrityPC also provides some additional optimizations, like memory defragmenting, removing your desktop background, shutting down the desktop shell and Vista Sidebar, and forcing background tasks to execute. AlacrityPC is the sequel to FSAutoStart. It is written in C# .NET 2.0.

With AlacrityPC tool, iIf you select a service that has dependent services, you will be notified which services they are and asked if you wish to continue. If you select yes, then those services will automatically be marked with the same action that you selected. If you are inheriting from a Top Level profile, any services that were marked with an action in the Top Level profile will appear here with a (Inherited) note on its Action.

To set more than one service to the same action, you can highlight multiple services by holding down the Shift key and moving the mouse over the services. Once you have highlighted all the services you want, right click and select the Action.

AlacrityPC allows English version of Windows to display information about services from the BlackViper.com web site. Select the service, right click, and select View Info About. If the service is listed on BlackViper.com, the page will be displayed in your default browser. BlackViper.com is an excellent resource for services, and can recommend which services you may want to shutdown.

Thats really great tool for windows. Thanks for sharing this info. I am also a Windows Vista user and use to kill unwanted process from the task manager that keeps my system fast. I do that with a small .bat file and it too works fine, for me. If you wanna try it, just download from the attachment.