Thread: Is there any version of Plex for Windows?

Is there any version of Plex for Windows?

I have a Windows Vista box with my main media share being offered on my network through SMB. I would like to know that is there version of Plex for Windows? Any one knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above topic. Any kind of suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Is there any version of Plex for Windows?

Plex has the apple remote working by default which is great, as well as remote buddy and a couple of other alternatives which are easy to set up. Couldn't you just use XBMC, given that it runs on windows and plex is a port of it to OS X, unless you are referring to a different plex. With XBMC in Windows there are a broader number of alternatives and naturally, the configuration isn't as straight forward as in Plex.

Plex was developed specifically for the Mac OS X Leopard operating system. We are using Plex 5.5 because it seems to play better with ADC's WebClient. XBMC however, now officially supports Windows. Plex is a fork of xbmc, and therefore the two share a lot of the same functionality.

It is true to say that Terminal Services is not a platform that we have explicitly tested Plex applications on. As much as Plex is a great and easy way to get a HTPC GUI up and running, I have been tearing my hair out on things that are cheaper and easier to do on a PC with Linux or Windows. That said, as a side-effect of another issue, Plex 6.1 WinC executables built with any of the post-GA PTF builds will be compiled as "Terminal Server Aware" by default.