Thread: Can't play Windows Default Games in Windows 7

Can't play Windows Default Games in Windows 7

Hi,, I am a Windows Vista user and yesterday i installed Windows 7 64 bit on one of my computer. There was no issue while installing or anything else.. Now, when i am trying to play default games like freecell, solitare, Spider, etc... i can't. The icons of the games shows a red cross icons on them and doesn't response while clicking them. Does this happened with anyone using Windows 7 ? Please help...

Re: Can't play Windows Default Games in Windows 7

Even i installed Windows 7 on my computer and it is working fine including the games you mentioned. Anyways, i'll suggest you to please use the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows 7. This will determine which file is causing the issue, and will replace the file automatically. To do so, just follow these steps:-

• Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
    • Type sfc /scannow and then press ENTER
    • The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

If the System File Checker tool cannot repair a file, follow these steps:-

At an elevated command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    Code:
    takeown /f Path_And_File_Name
    Type the following command, and then press ENTER to grant administrators full access to the file:
    Code:
    icacls Path_And_File_Name /GRANT ADMINISTRATORS:F
    Type the following command to replace the file with a known good copy of the file:
    Code:
    Copy Path_And_File_Name_Of_Source_File Path_And_File_Name_Of_Destination

I am also having the same Problem with my new installed windows 7. Even i can see the red stop mark on the Windows Default games icons.. Hope this steps can work for me as well.. Thanks for sharing this useful tip... Keep it up !!