Thread: Installing applications in fedora 10 with wine

Installing applications in fedora 10 with wine

Hey anyone know if and how it makes possible to install applications such as:

office 2007.
    cs3 macromedia: flash, fireworks.
    warcraft 3
    counter 1.6
    nero
    ares
    and Notes

will be possible to install fedora 10 through wine or cebega

thanks

Re: Installing applications in fedora 10 with wine

Office 2007 I do not know the truth, to know what level of dll libraries are updated people who develop Wine.

But because there OpenOffice Office 2007?

But if I have installed Photoshop, Dreamweaver, FreeHand, Paint Shop Pro with Wine in Linux distributions. Once when I had a problem with Visual Basic 6 and Wine, was solved but I was missing library 1 Windows XP Wine not included, a copy of a dll that XP was available near me, my wine directory in Linux, and problem resolved.

But again, all depends if the advanced level project that carries the wine, whether they are compatible to Vista for example, or simply came to XP .... it all depends ... but if there are many Windows applications that run on Linux with Wine.

Certainly not because you want to install Nero, K3b is where Linux (included in the packages for KDE) that frankly has nothing to envy to Nero, and if you use Gnome then it should come but you have Brasero Search .. Whatever the case, even taking K3B could install Gnome but not KDE, not only tries to download the same and other units of QT K3B or Brasero but try.

Once you have wine installed, you should be able to single or double click on any winblows .exe file. The familiar installation interface should start up. Go through the install as you would in winblows.

Any installed winblows apps should appear in your Main Menu--> wine menu (your wine menu might be under Emulators).

You will get more instructions on the WINE homepage?

http://www.winehq.org/

question Re: Installing applications in fedora 10 with wine

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
    Office 2007 I do not know the truth, to know what level of dll libraries are updated people who develop Wine.

But because there OpenOffice Office 2007?

But if I have installed Photoshop, Dreamweaver, FreeHand, Paint Shop Pro with Wine in Linux distributions. Once when I had a problem with Visual Basic 6 and Wine, was solved but I was missing library 1 Windows XP Wine not included, a copy of a dll that XP was available near me, my wine directory in Linux, and problem resolved.

But again, all depends if the advanced level project that carries the wine, whether they are compatible to Vista for example, or simply came to XP .... it all depends ... but if there are many Windows applications that run on Linux with Wine.

Certainly not because you want to install Nero, K3b is where Linux (included in the packages for KDE) that frankly has nothing to envy to Nero, and if you use Gnome then it should come but you have Brasero Search .. Whatever the case, even taking K3B could install Gnome but not KDE, not only tries to download the same and other units of QT K3B or Brasero but try.
    Where from should I download Wine for Fedora 10 ? How to install that ? How to run exe in Wine ? Plz. help. Santosh (toskg@rediffmail.com)