Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

importance of windows folders like system32, system, temp etc..

Operating Systems

Old 13-11-2009

importance of windows folders like system32, system, temp etc..

Hi All,

I want to know the functionality that each folder in windows represents.
For example, if we install any windows flavour, in the drive, we can see folders like "Program files", "Windows" etc..Inside the windows, we can see system32, system etc..like wise we can see many subfolders.

I want to understand how different files are categorized or organised as folders. I want to learn use of different files. I feel this will help me in identifying the files for troubleshooting.

Can any one help me by providing some links where can i get this information, any refrence material is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

My Best Regards

Old 14-11-2009

Re: importance of windows folders like system32, system, temp etc..

The folder you are talking about are important for Windows to function properly. The architecture is maintained by windows and the entries of it are in registries. These folders exist in All Windows Flavor till date...

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,