Thread: Computer restarts automatically...Please help!

Computer restarts automatically...Please help!

Hello guys,

I have been facing this problem since the past few months. I have tried fixing many things but to no use.
    I would appreciate if you guys cud help me on this.

plz find all the symptoms mentioned in detail so that it is easier to pin-point to the exact problem.

My machine config:
    Windows XP
    1 GB RAM
    AMD Athlon Proc
    ASUS Mother board - K8VMX

Symptoms:
    --> My machine restarts automatically within a few minutes of my starting it. This happens after windows is loaded.
    --> If it doesn't get restarted within a few minutes (say 15 mins), then it never gets restarted at all. Even if I keep it on for days together. It works perfectly fine.
    --> whether it restarts or not after I start it is absolutely random.
    --> I tried reading the minidump file but everytime the reason is some different application or some windows dll. There is no constant issue with any of the applications.
    --> When I login to safe mode this problem never occurs at all (so can we rule out RAM here??)
    --> I tried using system restore, but since this problem has been occuring unchecked for a long time thr is not much tht can be done thr.
    --> I have repaired my OS too. but no help thr either.

I hope these symptoms are enough to point out the criminal...
    I just want a confirmation if the motherboard is the culprit before I take all the pain of carrying my CPU some 10 kms to get it replaced or fixed.

if you ppl would like me to try out something else plz let me know.

Thanks a lot for ur help.
    Sagar.

Re: Computer restarts automatically...Please help!

First most important criminal can be power supply how much watt ps you having so check it and make sure it working proper . another thing is now go to bios work there for while disable all extra hardware from motherboard like audio card , lan and more ...then see if it restart from bios or not if not then check in windows ...if now restart in windows install new copy of windows , and if restart in bios and windows both there there must be some temperature problem ..

Re: Computer restarts automatically...Please help!

Well, you just need to scan your hard disk from another computer for viruses because many a times viruses/threats corrupts the system files and due to this a computer system restarts automatically. If you found any threats clean them and your problem will get solved If still you face the same problem then format your hard drive and reinstall the operating system.