Thread: Imac stuck on blue screen

Imac stuck on blue screen

Hi,

I have the flat screen iMac G3 and I have a Leopard running on my mac book. Eventually, the screen goes to sleep, and when I press the button on the keyboard, the screen shows that it's still blue with the spinning lines. I restarted it with the disc and without the disc and still nothing Imac is still stuck on blue screen. Any ideas???

Re: Imac stuck on blue screen

Have you done something different from the time they last worked until the blue screen problem? Add all the peripherals that may be causing a conflict? Try starting in Safe Mode (or hold Shift key while the computer starts). It will take a few minutes.

As per Apple support, you can boot the computer in Safe Mode, which includes an automatic disk check and repair. when you computer starts in safe mode, you can let the computer boot successfully using a reduced version of system software. To do this boot your pc in safe mode. After the system fully booted, restart the computer normally.

You need to remove the third party software by using the second computer. To do this follow the steps below :

1. Start your original, affected computer in Target Disk mode by holding down the T key, and connect it to your second computer. Volume of your computer's hard disk (s) concerned must appear on the desktop of the second computer.
    2. Open the mounted disk volume on the second computer (where you installed Leopard), then open the System Folder, then the Library folder, and finally the SystemConfiguration folder.
    3. Find "ApplicationEnhancer.bundle" and move it to the trash. Important: Do not delete any other files from your Leopard disc.
    4. Enter an administrator account name and password if prompted.
    5. Remove the mounted volume (s). (Disconnect the FireWire cable, if desired).
    6. Turn off the original computer and start again (which do not have the keys).