Thread: Unable to open some websites from my home

Unable to open some websites from my home

Unable to open some websites from my home computer. I don't know what the problem might be, i tried using different browsers but that doesn't help. Can anyone suggest me something? I know these websites are all up and working, I cannot open these website from my home but this works from my office, this is what has made me worried... thanks...

Re: Unable to open some websites from my home

I think there is some virus issue that you need to take care of, I will suggest you to scan your computer in details with a nice and genuine antivirus. I think you should also check using a linux OS, if this site opens, then its a Virus issue... I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Noverism View Post
    I think there is some virus issue that you need to take care of, I will suggest you to scan your computer in details with a nice and genuine antivirus. I think you should also check using a linux OS, if this site opens, then its a Virus issue... I hope this helps.
    This will not help, I have a triple boot PC, [Yeah i've used the guide from this site itself.] I tried Ubuntu Linux 9.10, Mac OS X 10.5 but i have the same problem from all the OS and all different browsers. I don't understand what the problem might be. Can anyone please help me?

Do your ISP provide you with a static IP? I think yes, I think you are trying to browser some community discussion website like this one if i'm not wrong. This site may have banned you. As you have a static IP, they might have banned your IP and so you won't be able to visit this site from the same IP again. Try to get a new IP from your ISP, do follow the rules of any website or you get banned! There may be other problem like, your ISP have barred everyone from visiting some websites. Yes ISP has the full rights to bar any website they want [but not legally]. You can ask assistance from them for this issue.

Sometimes, there are times when ISP haven't barred any websites, but there arises some DNS issue. DNS means Domain Name Server, which is responsible for looking websites name and converting them to IP addresses and vice versa. You can ask your ISP if they are not facing similar types of problems, in such case, they need to router their traffic to an alternate DNS server. This sometimes takes few minutes, while sometimes this problem lasts for days if unnoticed...

Thanks for all your help guys, I will try to cantact my ISP and let you know if there is any problem from their side, if not , will post back... Thanks again...