Thread: How to mount a dmg file on Mac OS X

How to mount a dmg file on Mac OS X

Hi,

I cant open any dmg files. StuffItExpander2009.exe opens and nothing happens. I tried dragging into applications with no result. Warning reason reads "no mountable file systems". I'm working on 0SX10.2.8. How to mount a dmg file on Mac OS X. Can anyone please help !!

Re: How to mount a dmg file on Mac OS X

If you double click on it, should automatically mount on the desktop. If not, open the file from within Disk Utility, located in the Utilities folder under Applications. Look in the preffs. of StuffItExpander2009.exe where it put the files after mounted, just right click on it, will show you diskimagemount.

Generally, double-click the file .Dmg will open and you will see the contents appear as a disk on the left side of a Finder window in "devices". It's as if you've inserted a USB flash drive or an external drive connected. But sometimes, Search does not recognize a file. Dmg for what it is. If that happens, find the disk utility, usually in the Utilities folder under Applications. You can open Disk Utility, find the disk image in the list, click Open on the top of the window. But the easiest way is simply drag the. Dmg icon in Disk Utility.

To mount a DMG file on Mac OS X, just double click it. The image is mounted as a new volume on your desktop. You can then double-click the virtual drive itself to open its contents in a new Finder window. Copy items from the disk image by dragging them to your desktop or in your folders. When everything is done, using the disk image, you can eject it. Drag it to your trash the volume and select Eject from the contextual menu pop-up menu. Restarting the computer, the disk image automatically unmounted.