Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to open jpg images on the desktop of vista

Operating Systems

Old 11-11-2009

Unable to open jpg images on the desktop of vista

Hello to all

I have a problem and I can not solve: When I place pictures on my vista desktop, it is impossible to directly open and even right click "open with".
By cut paste, when I move the picture in a folder on the same desktop, no more worries it opens without any problem. I checked the privileges and programs that open files of this type, and all I seem properly set. Someone already encountered this issue? and is there a solution?

Thank you in advance

Old 11-11-2009

Re: Unable to open jpg images on the desktop of vista

Is it happening from start or you have have noticed it just now only? if it was working fine before then do a system restore seems like accidentally you have made some wrong change sin your system , in system restore choose a system restore point of the date when it was working fine. Hope this will resolve ypour issue.
Old 11-11-2009

Are you sure the default program is set for images? Do this once:
  • Go to Start -> Default Programs -> 'Set Default Program'
  • from the Programs list select 'Windows Photo Gallery'
  • click 'Set this program as default'
  • you can set default settings by clicking 'choose defaults for this program' and check specific (jpg etc)formats you would like to see open directly in Windows Photo Gallery.
Old 11-11-2009

Go into properties of picture and check the security tab and see if you have full control under your log-in, I suspect that you don't have full control. Sound funny but i found this solution via google search: Remove any shortcuts files you may have in the same directory as the picture you are trying to open.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,