Thread: Windows 7 sizzles when listening to music

Windows 7 sizzles when listening to music

1st thing this is the 1st time it is happening to me under Vista, XP doesn't had this problem with the same PC. (Athlon64X2, MCP61 chipset Nforce 6100)

I just installed Windows 7, and when I listen to music while surfing the sound sometimes slowed with sizzle as if it was vinyl (crack), not obvious but noticeable.

This was with the basic drivers provided by the OS (Realtek ALC888). So I updated to the latest manufacturer's.

I reinstalled everything, I thought I have messed up somewhere. A test I just reinstalled without anything and surf, I can surf it back little by little, in fact it is based on the traffic of the connection that it sizzles.

If I download something or streaming audio is not really clean.

Am I the only one who see such concern? What could be the cause?

Re: Windows 7 sizzles when listening to music

I also having the same problem of cracking, since I installed Windows 7. I explain in my case is less serious

I use external hardware on this pc (soundcard ...), and yesterday I made a SHIFT of Windows 7 that I had never done since the installation of Release of 22 and cracking are appeared, searching I found that cutting the wifi stops the creaking... My PC is an MSI Ex625

Even I had exactly the same problem, I have two sound card on the PC and it gives me the same thing on both the card. I plug a headset on the left sound card to see if it works but even with good headphones it does the same.

However the problem was gone recently. I installed the latest driver for my sound card, I install Windows 7 Codecs (you can search it on Google for free) and I have VLC working. But I do not think that comes from the latter because even sure it works with WMP. Small precision must reboot after installing these to see the change.

You all have the same sound card (ie, the Realtek ALC888)? And does it have the same with all the player (VLC, Windows Media Player, Quicktime....). Does it happen at all the time: while listening to music as well as while watching any movies?

Try updating the drivers, with different drivers by searching on internet, until it works,

1. http://www.realtek-driver.com/index.php?id=ab003

Are you sure it is the sound problem? Which operating system do you have? 32 bit or 64 bit? What motherboard do you have? Have you installed the latest bios version? Is ram connected properly and is working? Have you checked all the cables to see if it isn't the connection issue? Also could be the problem of dust which sometimes causes this kind of issue?

I do not think it comes from all that, it's only since I installed Windows 7 64-bit that it does. Also when I disable the wifi it blurs the crackling, they virtually disappear. So I think a problem of drivers, or has a volume control. Regarding the dust, let me see. I will revert back you. I'm still looking.