Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2009

Windows 2000 boot error!! PLEASE HELP REWARD OFFERED!!

I am a beginner to computer logic, but my laptop has gone down and I need it desperatly for my business and my studies. I have a Toshiba that I bought off craigslst about two weeks ago while my four-month old Acer (big mistake??) is being shipped to Texas for a motherboard replacement. Everything has been great w the Toshiba.

The Laptop has Windows 2000. I tried to download MSN Messenger to chat with my brother in the middle-east. After messenger installed and I tried to run it, it let me login then said there was an exe. error and had to shut down. I thought maybe restarting Windows was needed to finish the apps install

Well, when the laptop restarted, it went to Windows load screen, then begins to load my background and stops, saying WINLOGON.exe has generated errors and the system needs to reboot. I tried booting in safe mode, and Iget the same message. The only thing I did was try to install messenger, so Im assuming thats the issue! PLEASE HELP! I own a chocolate company and a fairly locally successfull marshmallow shop, so I am more than willing to send you a nice goodie box if you can help me out!!!
Old 11-11-2009

Re: Windows 2000 boot error!! PLEASE HELP REWARD OFFERED!!

Winlogon is the component of Microsoft Windows operating systems that is responsible for handling the secure attention sequence, loading the user profile on logon, The process "winlogon.exe" runs in the background. Winlogon is a part of the Windows Login subsystem, and is necessary for user authorization and activation checks.
Old 11-11-2009

Any idea how to fix it?
Old 12-11-2009

Try to repair install Windows 2000. Windows cannot run properly without winlogon. Boot from CD and then press Enter at the 1st screen. then agree the license and when it detects a previous installation, click "R" to repair...

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,