Thread: Mac Crashes - Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)

Mac Crashes - Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)

Hi,

I have a Mac running on virtual pc, my applications are crashing left and right, especially Apple applications. The crash logs all have the same thing in common, the error is reported as: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001). It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the networking component, the server is fine. Anybody has any good ideas out there?

Re: Mac Crashes - Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)

Try adding memory module. I have added 1 GB of OCZ RAM in my spanking new MBP and then when you run GCC compile some things, I have so many exceptions KERNEL. I have not run any more memory intensive and I rarely have at present the exception. If the memory module comes from Apple, I suggest you go to the nearest AppleCare and get it replaced.

If I had the problem, I would have removed that RAM and buy a new memory stick. If the pc crashes, during the installation process, which is a sure fire sign that you have hardware problems. Besides that, 128 MB is barely suitable for running Mac OSX. Most people consider me a 256 MB to 512 MB minimum and be a "comfortable" amount. If you upgrade the RAM to a decent amount, you can amaze yourself with the computer the faster you will when you have a few programs.

I think you have installed corrupt VPC application. Trash VPC application in the Applications folder. This does not affect the Drive image Windows operating system. Go to your Home> Library> Preferences and trash SVC. plist folder. Go to Start> Documents and debris from the list of VPC Scripts folder and VPC. Do not trash the.Vpc6 image of unity in same place (not to be moved elsewhere). Empty trash, reboot and reinstall the application and the VPC to re-register.