Thread: Unable to install operating system on my Acer Power (945GC)

Unable to install operating system on my Acer Power (945GC)

Hi. I have recently purchased an Acer power(945GC) desktop computer. I have an internet connection due to which while downloading, some viruses attacked my system and i was unable to access any programs. For this reason i had to format my system but while re-installing the Operating system with Windows XP SP2 it shows an error and does not process further. Please help. Thank you

Re: Unable to install operating system on my Acer Power (945GC)

Well the reason might be your hard disk might have crashed due to the virus. The virus might have corrupted some of the sectors of your hard disk due to which your hard disk is unable to perform the operation. Check out your hard disk by taking it to the local dealer or service center.

There can be a possibility that your Windows utility disc or Windows Xp disc might be corrupted. If your disc is not proper the data from the disc is unreadable it means the drive cannot read the data properly and due which it skips reading the disc. Try out for other Utility disc and then try again installing your operating system.

You need to check your Compact disc.The disc might be damaged because of some scratches. If your disc has scratches there is a possibility your CD-ROM drive was unable to retrieve or read data from the disc. Some of the drives do not read corrupted disc and it ejects out the disc. Try other copy of the Utility disc. It might work for you. If it still does not then you need to check out your Hard disk drive by servicing it to your nearest service center.