Thread: What are the best security features of Linux

What are the best security features of Linux

Hi, i am new to linux operating system. And hence i need some urgent help form you all guys.. At a time when security becomes a major issue because of the importance of virus threats and other attacks against computer systems and their users, Unix systems such as Linux, although very old design, appear as avant-garde and perfectly in tune with the market.

Security is now considered an essential feature of the operating system, and becomes increasingly unavoidable. Thus, it is necessary to introduce the concepts of security used by Unix and Linux systems, so you can understand the risks and control all major functions of system security.

Could you guys please give some information about the security features in Linux operating system ? Thanks for all you kindness..

Re: What are the best security features of Linux

Unix systems, since their origins, have always taken into account security issues. In particular, the Unix application developers have always paid attention to what their software behave relatively well in terms of security. In practice, although security programs is far from perfect, especially for older, basic principles have been respected, so that the Unix applications do not, in general, anything with the system.

Thus, it is much easier to run a Unix application in a restricted security that Windows application developers because the latter have long been accustomed to a great freedom and thus have made applications that can not be used if they do not have the credentials. Unix applications that misbehave are very rare, so that Unix systems can do little and if t

Moreover, security can protect not only the system but also the user's own mistakes. Indeed, the system is able to protect themselves against false manipulation of the user. This can be extremely useful for newbies, since they can experiment at will, while being assured that they will not hopeless stupidity. Thus, they are more calm and will not "afraid to do something stupid." But this is very useful even for experienced users, because everyone can actually make a mistake!

The security can also protect user data vis-Ã*-vis others. Indeed, by default, a user's data can not be changed by another user. You will not fear that your little darlings can erase or inadvertently destroy your business correspondence or the whole family photos

Linux has several security models but, historically, security is based on the notion of user. We shall therefore concern ourselves here with the concept of user and see how this concept can be used to implement the safeguards system.

As you probably already know, Linux is a multiuser system. This means that several people can simultaneously use the computer (and not only one after the other), and the system is responsible for enforcing the law between them. The system protects data from each user action that can make other users. It also seeks to ensure equitable sharing of machine resources between users, both in computing power and in terms of memory, disk, printers, etc..

Thanks a lot for the quick and valuable help, friends.. That is all i wanted to know and i think that is much enough for me. Anyways, i appreciate all your help. Keep it up !!