Thread: Installing The Sugar Desktop Environment On Ubuntu 9.04

Installing The Sugar Desktop Environment On Ubuntu 9.04

I want help for Installing The Sugar Desktop Environment On Ubuntu 9.04. I have installed KDE, LXDE and XFCE with the help of various help on this forum. But i couldn'y find any topic with this one. Can anyone help me to install Sugar DE on Ubuntu? I have Ubuntu 9.04 and am not planning to upgrade to Ubuntu 9.10 untill i get a new computer. Thanks in advance...

Re: Installing The Sugar Desktop Environment On Ubuntu 9.04

Go to System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager. You will be asked to type in the root password, type your password and then Synaptic Package Manager will load. In the search text box, type "sugar" and many packages will appear, there select the first package which has the name sugar. It will tell you it needs many packages as dependencies and it will mark changes which is needed, Click Mark and then all the required packages will be selected. Now click apply and the installation will start. At this time make sure your internet connection is up and running. It will require some packages which will be downloaded from the internet. I hope this helps...

Re: Installing The Sugar Desktop Environment On Ubuntu 9.04

One more way to get the Sugar Desktop Environment on your Machine. Open terminal and type :
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install sugar
    And press Enter. Now it will search the necessary packages and tell you that some packages have to be downloaded and installed, it will also tell you that it will require some space and all that and at that time you need to press y and press Enter. That it, sit back while it downloads and installs the packages... Hope this is useful...