Thread: What is mscomctl.ocx?

What is mscomctl.ocx?

After installing windows xp on my system i have noticed that mscomctl.ocx process always run in background, it use takes too much memory. I have tried to stop that process from task manager but no fix...Can any one tell me what is mscomctl.ocx and how to stop that process.

Re: What is mscomctl.ocx?

mscomctl.ocx is an ActiveX Control module that contains common controls used by Windows, such as ImageCombo, ImageList, ListView.Update for the Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Common Controls: mscomctl.ocx and comctl32.ocx. The file should be placed in your C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory. Or, if you are C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 if you are using WinXP.

Windows ocx files cause numerous errors when missing or damaged. The OCX file type is primarily associated with 'Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) Control Extension' by Microsoft Corporation. OCXs provide such functions as handling scroll bar movement and window resizing.Windows application development programs such as PowerBuilder and Microsoft Access take advantage of OCXs.

If you are receiving errors about an ocx file, registering the file may solve the problem. MSCOMCTL.OCX is a Microsoft Library Windows Common Controls file. Occasionally when a Windows user is installing or uninstalling a bunch of software,Originally called an Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) custom control. Now referred to as an ActiveX control, which is the component object within Microsoft's ActiveX technologies.