Thread: Error Code 19 : Your Registry Might Be Corrupted

Error Code 19 : Your Registry Might Be Corrupted

Hi,

My CD/RW and DVD drive stop working. I using Window xp as my operating system. When I went to device manager to troubleshoot the issue I get this message "Your registry might be corrupted (code 19). I've tried all of the MS help sites but to no avail. How can I reinstall the driver?

Re: Error Code 19 : Your Registry Might Be Corrupted

Error Code 19 : Your Registry Might Be Corrupted. This issue may also occur with the latest versions of Easy CD Creator 5.01 and DirectCD 3.01d or later. The third-party programs that control CD or DVD burning (as well as some player applications) install CD- or DVD-ROM filter device drivers into Windows. These filter drivers sometimes have problems that can cause the CD or DVD drive to stop working correctly. The device entry for the CD or DVD drive in the Device Manager may show up with an error descriptor that reads "The device could not start. Some or all of these troubleshooting steps can apply to them if they also add entries under the UpperFilters or LowerFilters registry values by either adding their filter drivers or by removing the registry keys and values outlined that start with:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Sometimes you can play the registry and get the cd drives to recognize.This behavior can occur Because many virtual COM ports that are hosted by this type of hardware rely on the standard serial port driver (Serial.sys). If your computer does not have a hardware COM port, Serial.sys does not start. To work around this behavior, enable at least one COM port in the basic input / output system (BIOS) so that the Serial.sys file can load properly.

To remove Error Code 19 , try the steps below :
    1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Click System and Maintenance, and then click System,
    3. On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager. If you are prompt for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
    4. In Device Manager, expland DVD / CD-ROM drives, right-click the CD and DVD devices, and then click Uninstall.
    5. When you are Prompt to confirm that you want to remove the device, click OK.

If you cannot play or access a CD or DVD, you may have to reinstall some programs. It uses the standard IDE controller that uses the hard drive. However, you may be able to reinstall the CD. Then Windows should find and reinstall your CD. Some programs might not be able to use your CD or DVD drive until you reinstall those programs.

Try removing the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values completely from the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    In the right pane, click UpperFilters. On the Edit menu, click Delete. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes. Restart your computer.