Thread: Removal instructions for Trojan.FakeAlert

Removal instructions for Trojan.FakeAlert

I am running windows xp on my system and I use internet explorer, Mozilla firefox as browser. After installing new updates for my xp i have noticed that a trojan.fakealert process always run as back process. I have tried to stop that process from task manager but it returns...

Re: Removal instructions for Trojan.FakeAlert

Trojan.FakeAlert is a trojan which installs via fake codecs or browser exploits. Trojan.FakeAlert will hijack the desktop background with an image alerting the user that their computer system has been infected with spyware.Once installed it delivers popup advertisements for useless products. Trojan.FakeAlert may also manipulate your system’s registry keys and install fake spyware files to create false positives when your computer is scanned by these rogue anti-spyware programs.

FakeAlert also changes some setting values of windows which include:- disabling permissions, Fake antivirus are normally downloaded when somone clicks on a popup to close it but From what you are saying, it seems that there is an infection in your System Restore files. To remove it you will have to disable and then re-enable System Restore.

You can use Rogue anti-spyware, but for manually deleting go to Start menu then select search menu from the list and type the file name Trojan.FakeAlert in the search box, and select drive name > Click “Search.” Once the file is found, delete that file.