Thread: Enable remote desktop registry

Enable remote desktop registry

I am running windows xp on my system and i want to know the procedure to enable remote desktop via registry . I have access to a Windows session that is running on your computer from another computer which is located at other office. Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated.

Re: Enable remote desktop registry

With Remote Desktop on Windows XP Professional you need to create the new RDP listening port via the registry, You can access some properties pages of System using Computer Management by first connecting the console to a remote computer,: open the registry and connect remotely to the registry of the server. The window will open select the HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server key > Under the Terminal Server key find the value named fDenyTSConnection (REG_DWORD). Change the value data from 1 (Remote Desktop disabled) to 0 (Remote Desktop enabled).

To enable Remote Desktop via Registry follow the step given below :
    • Start the registry editor > go to start menu > run (e.g., regedit.exe). A node will be displayed in Registry Editor for the remote machine.
    • HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server, Under the Terminal Server key, you'll find a REG_DWORD value named fDenyTSConnection.
    • Double-click fDenyTSConnections.
    • Change the value of this setting to 0 to enable Remote Desktop or 1 to disable it, and click OK.The remote machine needs to be rebooted for the change to take effect.

To enable remote desktop registry change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server key value. Under this you will find the fDenyTSConnection (REG_DWORD) Change the value 1 to 0. You don't need to reboot the computer for the change to take effect.