Thread: Remove virus by reading hijackthis log

Remove virus by reading hijackthis log

Hello. I have a this second pc and i think my PC is Infected with Virus. Lots of Nasty virus infact. Can anyone tell me how to read the hijackthis log? I don't know how to read the hijackthis log. I want to read it so that i can understand what is wrong and where. My antivirus doesn't show any virus so i am trying hijackthis log. Please help. Also my PC has Windows Vista if thats important to know...

Re: Remove virus by reading hijackthis log

The first thing if you think your computer is infected by virus and the antivirus is not detecting the virus, that means the virus is the latest one and your antivirus is not, so update your antivirus and let the antivirus scan your computer in complete detail. If you have any option to select search type select one option which exists from these : slower, deep scan, thorough, etc which ever means complete and detail scan. Also download updates for your Operating system which are indicated as security updates. I hope this helps you...

Hello, What makes you think your computer is infected by virus? Can you explain or post the symptoms that your computer is showing? Also do you have the completely updated antivirus software? Make sure you use a genuine antivirus software. Also if you think your computer has become slower, doesn't always means your computer is infected with virus. Over time, Operating system installs a lot of updates, softwares and we keep on installing softwares and in that respect we don't bother to uninstall softwares which we may have stopped using. This keeps the computer consuming disk space continuously, which is also a reason of the computer to run slower. Also lack of memory or a bad hard disk can be a reason for slow operation of the system as if the disk is bad, read and write cycles of disk and hence the memory is affected. I hope you get my point...

Hijackthis log searches for a lot of stuffs on a computer like : Registry, Running processes, ActiveX objects, Internet options like default homepage, default search engines, plugins etc. Its really a hard task to understand what the hijackthis log states. But practice makes it easier for you to understand it with time. Ok, i think you should refer this guide : How to read a HijackThis log?