Thread: Display problem After installing openSUSE 11.0 on Asus Eee PC 901

Display problem After installing openSUSE 11.0 on Asus Eee PC 901

Display problem After installing openSUSE 11.0 on Asus Eee PC 901. I cannot see the bottom part of the desktop. I dont know how to shutdown or restart my computer, please help... Why is the bottom part of the desktop is not visible? I think my EeePC isn't supported by OpenSuse. Please advice/suggest what i should do to correct the problem? Thanks in advance...

Re: Display problem After installing openSUSE 11.0 on Asus Eee PC 901

Have a look at these links :
    Display Problem After Installing Linux
    Display problem after installing RAM
    Check your display settings, your desplay settings might be invalid for your monitor and so it is going beyond the visible area. Also check your display drivers if necessary. If you have a working internet connection download the latest display driver for your graphics card...

After installing openSUSE 11.0, you will find your Eee PC 901 does not display a significant portion (28%) of the bottom of the screen. The reason this happens is because by default the screen resolution is set to 1024 x 768, and the screen's native resolution is 1024 x 600, so you will not be able to see or use the bottom 168 pixels. This can be particularly difficult, because by default the panel containing the application launcher, Lock/Logout button, pager, system tray, and Task Manager is placed at the bottom of the screen. The panel can not bee seen, and it can not be used. This is what happens with OpenSuse on EeePC

How can correct it? I searched for the drivers but couldn't find the driver which would help me. I cannot set the resolution to 1024x600. I don't have this option in the list. I feel so helpless... Please suggest a work around...

Run YaST by right-clicking anywhere on the desktop there is no icon or other widget.
    A menu list will appear. Left-click on "Run Command" from this menu list. A dialog box will appear where you can enter the name of the program you want to run. In the top text field of this dialog box, enter "yast" (without typing the quote marks). Using the mouse pointer, scroll down to the bottom of the programs listed in the dialog box and click on "YaST (Application)". Left-click the button in the lower right hand corner of the dialog box labeled "Launch".
    The main YaST screen will appear. From YaST, choose "System" from the left hand column, then choose "/etc/sysconfig Editor" from the right-hand column.
    Next you will see a list of options on the left hand column.
    Left-click on the plus sign next to "Desktop" in the left hand column, then left-click on the plus sign next to "Display manager", also in the left hand column.
    Next, left-click on the line in the Display manager section labeled "DISPLAYMANAGER_RANDR_MODE_auto", also in the left hand column. You will see towards the top of the screen a text box that shows you the current default value of:
    Code:
     1024x768_60 64.11 1024 1080 1184 1344 768 769 772 795 -HSync +Vsync
    Left-click in the text box. Change the default value above to :
    Code:
    1024X600_60 48.96 1024 1064 1168 1312 600 601 604 622 -hsync -vsync
    Left click on the button in the lower right hand corner of the screen labeled "Finish".
    Either log out to the login screen and restart the X server by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete twice in a row; or reboot. When you log in again, you will be able to see the entire screen including the panel on the bottom.
    Does this work??